Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Next step

So plenty of new news to update everyone on. First and most exciting is the new man in my life. Adam is a friend of mine that i have known since moving to West Palm Beach. We'd been spending more time together and we have finally made it offical:) I'm so happy and excited. He left for Costa Rica this morning to take some students on a mission trip, and I think i'm going to miss him. Kinda funny how in a matter of days your perspective and concern for someone can change so much.
Campus Life is going in a slightly new direction this semester in an effort to reach more of the student population at Royal Palm Beach High. It is reaching to be bigger and better. However if you know me logistics are not my gift, so I am having to release control of many things and put them into the hands of my very capable volunteers. I am soo excited for how they have stepped up and the plans we have. We will also be changing location which will be soo awesome. My church, First Baptist Church of Royal Palm has opened up their activity center for Campus Life to use! Our kick-off will be Feb. 2, so i'm trying to pull everything together that we will need before then.
As cool as a big kick-off is it doesn't really mean anything without students, so my next big problem is promotion for the kick-off. I am praying for a way to advertise on campus. I need to take action though. I don't know why this is so difficult for me? Its like one step is ok, but when i look at the many steps that need to take place i get so easily overwhelmed and no action is taken at all. Life is hard when I put it into steps, I think I need something else to call steps....maybe I can change the name to gummy bears or something that seems easier and happier???

2 comments:

Robin C said...

WHAT!!! (in my best Ricky Ricardo accent...."you've got some splain'n to do, lucy!"

What the junk! the last time we talked you said...and I quote: "no one in particular...just a few guys"

WHAT!!!!

good luck with finding ways to accomplish the gummy bears! You can do...baby gummies....baby gummies....

Love,
Robin
Girl! Call me..

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you want to bounce any ideas about getting the word out about your club. I do have to throw out that I think you should create a Facebook Club page for your Campus Life Group that students can join. You can post your meeting times there...

And I'm so totally happy for you and Mr. Adam!