Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The tag line

The tag line here on my blog states that "my life is a mix-tape full of adventures" but I don't know anymore that my life is much of an exciting adventure. At least not from an outsiders perspective I am sure. I began this blog to chronicle my life's happenings and the many happenings in my ministry. So this is not to say that my life has no adventures anymore but maybe my life is too busy to acknowledge and share the adventures. A point of observation for me in my life is that my life has more adventures of struggle, and drama than of fun and entertainment. I have countless blog post that I began and didn't finish because I thought to myself before publishing...."no one wants to read this." Not that I have a bunch of readers anyway???
I am however doing a study on authentic leadership and maybe its time for me to share some of what is going on in my life adventurous or not. I constant struggle that I believe all people have that I am currently experiencing is the growing pains of friendship relationships. My roommate recently began dating one of my best guy friends, and I was happy and excited for the both of them! I had no idea or foresight to see how things were going to progress to the point of me no longer being apart of either one of their lives. Now this is my perspective to if you have been in the position of my roommate or friend then don't judge me, but I am over it. Maybe its because I am single, maybe its because I'm jealous that I don't have someone special in my life. Whatever it is as relationships change, regardless of why it really sucks. As a 28 yr old single female I have had my fair share of girlfriends and guy friends grow up, get married and live happily ever after. As many times as I have experienced this it never gets easy and it never is handled perfectly by anyone involved. I will end this post by stating that I am sick of being the only person in the wrong, and the only one admitting wrong. It really hurts when people forget who you are as a human being (w/ feelings and a heart) and gang up on your faults as you have become vulnerably by living life with them. This makes me want to close my heart to those around me and not let anyone else into my inner life. I realize this is not a right attitude, I'm just venting here on my blog to be honest of my current "adventure" and struggle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honestly, Emmy! Hang in there, girl! You are a wonderful friend and alway bring fun adventures to those around you. Praying for community. XOXO