Sunday, September 8, 2013

Accepted!

My Acceptance letter from Liberty University
   As I enter into my 31st year (yes I know, doesn't seem right) I am about to embark on a new adventure.  I am finally going back to school to finish my college degree.  With the encouragement of a few friends last spring I realized that I really had no excuse or good reason for not finishing, so I began the search for a program/school that would have everything I wanted.  Living in south Florida there area lot of options as far as school goes but I was more interested in something that I could fit into my schedule instead of the other way around, so I began looking for online programs.  After looking into several I quickly saw cost differences, and limited degree programs offered online for most schools.  I landed on Liberty University Online for those reasons and a few more, they by far had the most degree programs offered and a variety of ways to accomplish them.
   I work in full-time ministry and I know that I don't necessarily want to change that after I get my degree but I wanted to find something I would be interested in that could also benefit my organization, Palm Beach County Youth for Christ. I will be studying for a business administration degree w/ and emphasis in marketing.  I am both nervous and excited, mostly excited though.  Part of what pushed me over the edge for this decision was that I wanted something that I could do for me, kinda like a hobby.  Working in ministry where you aim to love and serve others for Christ, and being single where often times your schedule is dictated by friends who are married and either do or don't have time for you makes it difficult to feel like I have things and time that is my own.  Hence the new hobby!  It really is amazing how when I "quit" college I always knew that if and when God ever wanted me to go back and finish that He would make a way and give me a desire to do it.  His timing is never off, I really feel that this couldn't be happening at a better time for me and I'm so excited to do it!  

No comments: