Sunday, February 20, 2011

My transition

So the last post that I had was a while ago about my blackberry and my addiction to it. Very unhealthy I know, but I didn't realize how much of that was truly Blackberry trait and not my personality until I got an iphone last week. There is a lot to learn and really a lot that I didn't learn about my blackberry that could have helped me in my "obsession," but so far I am finding that my favorite part of having an iphone is the fact that it doesn't consume me quite like my blackberry did. Like I have already said some of my problem could have been solved by me educating myself a bit more on my blackberry but the fact that the way the iphone is set up I have not had to educate myself on it at all. As soon as I turned my iphone on and began to add the basic apps (facebook, twitter, angry birds) the settings for each were already set so I didn't need read to figure out how to not be bothered by my phone or rather addicted to it. I feel like in retrospect my blackberry trained me like pavlov's dogs to constantly check it. Maybe I am an easy target for things like that but I am now sold on the idea that Apple is ligit and super user friendly. I am a person who is not techie nor do I really care to read directions. When it comes to technology I learn by trial and error but usually I am too afraid so I stick with basic functions but so far with my iphone I am finding it really easy to branch out! So here is my white flag waving, I have resisted joining the "trend" of Mac products but now see why people love them. I now see and believe that it is more than a trend...they are more than user friendly and long lasting then other technology products.

In other news I am going to attempt this week to try a new way to get myself to blog, and hopefully the few of you who read this will enjoy and maybe I will catch some new readers. I am going to try and blog each day about one element of my life...could be ministry, friendships, things I am learning or maybe a funny story as my life is really full of those! This will be a challenge for me but in an effort to be more disciplined in my daily life and to allow more people to see what my life as a single, female living in south Florida working in ministry is! Hope you all enjoy!

No comments: