Saturday, April 12, 2008

My blogging beginnings

Today is the day....I have something to share with the world, kinda. I started this blog last night with the help of my friends Ryan and Kim (round of applause please, it looks great?).
So my adventure for today is to hang out with my friends Kelly and Ezra, were taking there boat out on the ocean! And I'm pretty sure I will be talked into wake-boarding, whatever that means? But the real adventure today will be to disguise my burned skin from the sun. You see I went to the beach yesterday and stupidly didn't put any sunscreen on my back section. Yes folks this means that not just my back but my booty as well as the back of my legs will suffer from my stupidity. I don't know how do you hide that "large" of a section of my body from the sun when I'm out on a boat? Anyone with actually tips will just have to call me before 11am.
The bright side to this is that finally after living in West Palm Beach for a year and a half, after this burn goes away I will have a...tan!!! Yes this is very exciting news as I am white...with the exception of my back which right now is red. I'm really looking forward to this today, it makes me feel like I am how I wish I was.
Silly way to put something I know, but what I mean by that is, I like to view myself as an outdoors, active type person. However life is busy and we many times have to trade our "want to do" for the "right thing to do". Its a challenging to tell people that you like outdoor activities when you are white as snow and the last "outdoor activity" you participated in was eating, which in fact involves very little activity. I am still adjusting to the culture of activities here in south Florida, and I try to get out to enjoy as many as I can, but time is limited. So I will be very thankful for today and the time I'm given to do something that I want to do (even if my backside suffers a bit).
So on goes the adventures of Emily.....remember to put on your sunscreen!!

2 comments:

RC said...

very nice...almost like the baz luhrman "song," with the graduation advice, including "always wear sunscreen"

i wonder how many people's last outdoor activity was eating? that'd be a great USA Today graph.

Welcome to blogging, and thanks for the round of applause.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Emmy's first post! I added a link to you on my blog already to celebrate :-) Hope you had fun today and didn't end up as crispy as Ryan and I are :-)