Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy Changing

So its been a very busy week. Who hasn't had crazy week? I'm sitting at home by myself and I feel like this is the first time since the new year, though I know that is not true. In the last week to week and a half life has begun to show the effects being ever-changing. I'm all about it (change) until it zeros in on the things that I'm not ready to change....we've all had those experiences where we knew it (change) was comin and then when it finally arrives you resist it and pretend to be blind-sided. Ok maybe not everyone but I know that I am a flawed person and just because I do what I think is "right" doesn't mean that those around me won't be effected in a negative way. You never know?
Anyway the challenges of change are real. Lots of things change constantly; the price of gold, the open field down the street thats gonna become a Kohl's, I mean even Starbucks serves a different blend of coffee every week, and especially pop culture changes.
While in the 3rd grade a hip hop song was VERY popular, you may remember it "Ice Ice baby." (Do not even pretend that you don't know it). So I was a huge fan...I even recall making up a dance routine to the song with a friend at recess, yes I did happen to have all the words memorized. But after just a few short months (that at the time felt like years) Vanilla Ice was virtually off the scene. With the exception of the 2nd Ninja Turtles movie where he made a cameo. He was my favorite, I even watched a motorcycle movie that he starred in, that I am sure got less than great reviews...if any at all? So last week I'm working and in walks Rob VanWinkle (aka. Vanilla Ice). Of course the oh so young employees working with me didn't really have a clue when I got excited. I got his autograph, and we had a very pleasant 15 minute conversation. He was a very nice guy.
My point being that even the people we idolize and look up to change, as well as the perceptions that we have of them. So I'm thinking that the same goes with any person in our lives. As I ponder the people and things changing around me, I'm forced now to look at myself and how I'm changing. Its very hard to look at others while your changing yourself because you begin to think that your in the wrong, though sometimes true I'm finding it better instead to look at Jesus. He is the example that I am to follow and look to for true affirmation in my life. So as I change in the sanctifying ways that He desires its challenging and rewarding but the hardest part is that most people around me never really understand what God is doing in my life. Nor do I understand what He's doing in the lives of them. All I know is right now God is the one changing me and the extent of it is yet to be seen. Hard but good, big and small changes happen all around me and even in me!

No comments: