Monday, April 14, 2008

Support

OK, so the real reason I started this blog was in keep my friends informed of my life and mission. Many don't know but I'm getting ready to raise support to become a full-time missionary with Youth for Christ (YFC). This is an incredible opportunity for me and very personal as 12 years ago came to know Christ through a Campus Life club ran by YFC! This endeavor is very personal to me as well as humbling. God has called me to step out on faith and do this. However raising support isn't going to be easy.
Obviously the "biggest" support that I can receive is financial, and although that is important as I have begun this process I'm learning that spiritual encouragement, and prayer are actually the hardest to come by.
Over a month ago when I first began to pray for God to open doors in my life most everyone agreed that it might be time for me to change up life a bit. Not to mention it would be great to know and be right where God would want me to be. After a series of meetings and different interviews God clearly has directed me to YFC. I'm sooo very excited. And as I write (type) this my letters are sitting in my room ready to go out. I'm quite nervous about this step as it makes everything real. There is no stopping once those letters go out. Either my support comes in or it doesn't?
I know God will provide and make a way for me to do this. My prayer is that by sometime in June I will have all the money I need. I want to be on staff with YFC before July. So please pray with me that that will happen! Its soo cool to see God answer prayers specifically!
Spiritual encouragement and supporters have been hard to find? I can only pray that more people will see my call and my heart for this ministry. Since I made the decision to follow God in this step I feel that I have lost "friend" support. In the last week I've felt very attacked. I know that satan attacks when we move closer to God and His will for our lives, but I really just want people to rejoice with me in what God is doing in my life.
God has blessed me with many friends who are doing just that, but I am struggling right now to focus on that with a few negative situations going on. Support is a very important yet illusive word. For support in life most people look to their family and closest friends, but even that isn't always enough. I'm truly in the process of learning that in ALL aspects of life God is my support, whether is be financial, emotional, or especially spiritual. My dependency must increase in the Lord, and decrease in those situations and people around me.


"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

2 comments:

RC said...

kim and i can't wait to get your support letter!

Unknown said...

Yea! I am so excited for you and your future with YFC. I think that it is incredible to see what God has been doing in your life and through you and am looking forward to watching what He has in store for your future ministry. It is so cool that this is really full circle for you, being able to reach out to kids the same way that someone reached out to you and changed your future. I will be praying for you and am here anytime you need some extra support. Just call!